Welcome to another Happy Stampers Blog Hop! Its a colour challenge this week and I was feeling some watercoloring for today’s card. I really enjoy watercoloring because you never know how it will turn out. For todays card I did add a few additional colours to help define the scene and will feature the Rooted in Nature stamp set.
I started off with watercolour paper and laid down clean water on the panel. I used Stampin’Write Markers and scribbled Pacific Point and the three other colours onto acrylic blocks. I used an aqua brush and picked up Pacific Point first and laid down the colour across the panel, dabbing as I went across and letting the water take it where it wanted.
Next, I added Pineapple Punch but I watered it down a lot as it is a bright colour. I then dabbed a bit of Old Olive across the panel and went back with a light wash of Pacific Point. Next I loaded my brush with alot of Old Olive and laid it down in the lower section of the panel. I did add a bit of Garden green to brighten the scene. Once dried, I stamped the trees with Old Olive from the Rooted in Nature stamp set. It wasn’t quit contrasty enough so I dabbed with the Shaded Spruce Stampin’Write marker to fill in the spaces.
To add some depth to the trees, I dotted the trees with the Early Expresso Stampin’Write Marker and went over it with an aqua brush to soften them. Then I added tiny dots of water from the aqua brush over the trees. Let sit for a few seconds and soaked up the access water with a paper towner to bring out some light highlights in the tree and it will look much more dimensional. Then with Early Expresso, I darkened the tree trunks and created some tree shadows.
– Cardbase 4-1/4 x 11 Score at 5-1/2″
– Black panel 2-3/4 x 4-1/4″
– Watercolour panel 2-1/2 x 4-1/4″
- Sandi MacIver – Stamp with Sandi
- Kathie Zaban – Bearywishes –> You are Here
- Eva Dobilas – I Love to Stamp
Thanks for stopping by!
- Add the JUNE HOST CODE MVKD74TA to your online orders to earn a Free Gift – program details are HERE.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN
- Save up to 60% in the clearance rack
- Save 10% on product bundles
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be notified first when I load a new videos