Hi Stamping Friends, Happy Blog Hop Day! Today’s card share features a simple sketch. I prefer top folding cards but I decided to mix things up and change the orientation to a side folding card today. I’m having fun playing with all the new stamp sets and for todays card, I’m using the leaves from the Rooted in Nature stamp set (new) and the butterfly from the Painted Glass stamp set (new).
I stamped with Versamark the large and small leaf stamp on Whisper White and gold embossed all the leaves. I did overlap a few of the leaves, so this step doesn’t require you to use a mask. Once embossed, I carefully sponged with a small dauber the leaves using Lemon Lime Twist and Garden Green, Powder Pink and Melon Mamba. For the background, I used the Black Stampin’Write marker. If your sponging wasn’t too neat, it will be corrected when you colour the back ground in black.
Once I finished the leaf panel, I thought it would be neat if I stamped a few more leaves down the one side of the grey granite panel and gold emboss it. I then stamped two butterflies on Vellum from the Painted Glass stamp set and gold and white embossed each one. Using one of the smaller Layering Heart die, I die cut a Whisper White heart and mounted the butterflies together and backed the butterflies with gold thread. The card is layered with Lemon Lime Twist and Melon Mamba behind the leaf panel and a tiny 1/8″ stripe at the bottom. What? Wait! Hold the presses!! Since when did the heart dies get discontinued? I just checked and sure enough, they are no longer. Oh noooo! I missed removing those…I’m sad and shocked that they are discontinued! Sorry guys!
To finish off the card, I stamped the sentiment with Memento Black ink from the Rooted in Nature stamp set onto a Gray Granite panel and sponged the edges a bit in the same colour to add some depth. And finally added a few yummy yellow Glitter Enamel Dots.
– Leaf panel 1/7/8 x 5-1/2″
– Melon Mamba 2-1/8 x 5-1/2″ & 1/8 x 5-1/2″
– Lemon Lime Twist 4-1/4 x 5-1/2″
– Gray Granite 4 x 5-1/2″
- Sandi MacIver – Stamp with Sandi
- Kathie Zaban – Bearywishes –> You are Here
- Eva Dobilas – I Love to Stamp
Hope you enjoyed todays card share and thanks so much for stopping by.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Add the MAY HOST CODE GHZ47VWS to your online orders to earn a Free Gift – program details are HERE.
- Subscribe to PAPER PUMPKIN
- Save up to 60% in the clearance rack
- Save 10% on product bundles
- Last Chance Products here
- Occasions Catalog here
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and be notified first when I load a new videos