Hi Crafters, made time to create a non Paper Pumpkin project and the stamp set I chose to play with is the Beautiful Day stamp set which is in the current Occassions catalog.
I created 3 cards and will share 2 today and hopefully the third tomorrow. For the first card, I coloured the butterfly image with Prismacolour Pencil crayons. I haven’t used them for awhile and thought this image would be fun to colour. I love the vibrant colours on the butterflies.
I coloured both images on this card with Prismacolours and picked blues, a violet and turquoise on the Butterfly and pinks for the flower and yellow in the centre. The leaf was coloured with a yellow green and dark green. I really like how it turned out…it almost looks like stain glass.
I changed the butterfly’s orientation on this card. I cut off the left wing and flipped it over and traced the image on the back side with Basic Black stampin’ write marker. Once each piece is coloured I stuck the wings together with dimensionals.
To add more dimension to the card, I put dimensionals on the flower too and a few more on the Butterfly to level it off. The sentiment is also from the stamp set and backed it with black card stock.
The design paper is from the Sweet Soiree collection and I really like the subtle dots. The DSP is mounted on black card stock and then a Berry Burst panel.
– Whisper White Top Folding Card Base 4-1/4 x 11 Score at 5-1/2″
– Berry Burst Panel 4-1/4 x 5-1/2″
– Black Panel 3-1/2 x 4-3/4″
– Sweet Soiree DSP 3-1/4 x 4-1/2″
Now onto the 2nd card….
I coloured the butterfly the same as the first card and fussy cut it out. On this card, I changed the flower. Before I explain, lets talk about the colours I used. I used Stampin’Up Watercolour pencils with an aqua brush on the flower and the colours Melon Mamba & Rich Razzelberry for the dark highlights. I didn’t use watercolour paper since I was using an aqua brush for the colouring. I stamped a duplicate leaf and coloured it with Lemon Lime Twist and Wild Wasabi stampin’ write markers since it was a small image.
I strategically cut the flower in half and stuck it at each end above and below the butterfly. The sentiment is a Sale-a-bration item called Amazing You. You can earn this stamp set free with a $60 CDN order during sale-a-bration. It has great sentiments and teams up nicely with a co-ordinating thinlits die set. More details below.
I liked the DSP so much I used the left over piece on this card too. A bit of Island Indigo card stock on the left and a strip of black card stock. To give the card a bit of sparkle, I used the Berry Burst Metallic Edge ribbon from the Occasions catalog. Perfect!
– Whisper White Top Folding 4-1/2 x 11 Score at 5-1/2″
– Island Indigo Panel 4-1/2 x 5-1/2″
– Black strip 1/2 x 5-1/2″
– Sweet Soiree DSP 3-1/4 x 5-1/2″
Well thats its, I hope you enjoyed todays card share.
Thanks for stopping by!
2018 – Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-bration Brochure Info Page
Stampin’ Up!s 2018 Occasions Catalogue runs from Jan 3 through May 31 2018.
With the annual Sale-a-bration Sale running Jan 3 through March 31st.
What is Sale-a-bration?
- Runs Jan 3 through March 31, 2018
There will be additional exclusive offers beginning Feb 16th
- Earn a free gift from the Sale-a-bration brochure with each $60. you spend
- Earn an extra $35.00 in host benefits on any orders or parties over $330.
- Earn an extra 2 FREE stamp sets of your choice when you join Stampin’ Up!
- Do I have to shop from the Occasions Catalogue? – No – you can purchase from the Annual Catalogue, Online Store, Clearance Rack and of course the Occasions Catalogue. – view them online here:
- Can I only purchase $60. at a time? – No. order as much as you like and for each $60. or $120. increment – choose a free gift.
- If my order is $120. can I choose two gifts? – Yes – NEW this year –
- you can choose two free gifts from the level 1 choices (view here)
- or one Level 2 gift from the choices (view here)
- Do I still earn Wish Rewards from StampinKathie on my orders? – Yes – My Wish Rewards program is a separate rewards program that I offer my customers – (view here) – but you cannot use wish rewards to earn Sale-a-bration gifts
For each $60 you spend on Stampin Up products (from any catalogue or sale) during Sale-a-bration you get to choose a free Sale-a-bration Product (see choices below)
This year there is a new reward level giving you even more flexibility and options.
- Order $60. – Earn 1 free level 1 product
- Order $120. – Earn 2 free level 1 products or 1 free level 2 product
- Order $180. – Earn 3 free level 1 products or 1 free level 2 and 1 free level 1
Host or Shop
When you place a larger qualifying order or host a party with a total of $330. or higher, earn an extra $35.00 in Host Dollars to spend on anything you wish, from any current catalogue or sale. NOTE – Host Dollars can also be used to purchase the exclusive HOST stamp sets
PAPER PUMPKIN PREPAID SUBSCRIPTIONS
Subscribe to a 3, 6 or 12 month subscription and you could earn up to 4 stamp sets depending on the term you pick during Sale-A-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2018).
EXCLUSIVE EXTRAS WHEN YOU JOIN DURING SALE-A-BRATION
Join as a demonstrator during Sale-a-Bration (January 3 – March 31, 2018) and get your Starter Kit for $135. along with TWO additional stamp sets of your choice included in your kit.